Thursday, August 5, 2010

THREE WORDS




God uses all kinds of different things to talk to us. Tonight, for me, it was a video. The video was some very mellow music, pretty scenery and scriptures fading in and out. Some of these are from that video.

Jeremiah 31:3 (New Living Translation)  3 Long ago the Lord said to Israel:
   “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.
      With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.


Isaiah 43:18-19 (New International Version)

 18 "Forget the former things;
       do not dwell on the past.
 19 See, I am doing a new thing!
       Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
       I am making a way in the desert
       and streams in the wasteland.


Isaiah 55:10-16 (New Living Translation)
 10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
      and stay on the ground to water the earth.
   They cause the grain to grow,
      producing seed for the farmer
      and bread for the hungry.
 11 It is the same with my word.
      I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
   It will accomplish all I want it to,
      and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
 12 You will live in joy and peace.
      The mountains and hills will burst into song,
      and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
 13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
      Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
   These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
      they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”


Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)
 28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."



Jeremiah 29:11-12 (New Living Translation)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen.



Titus 3:4-7 (New Living Translation)  4 But—“When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, 5 he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.6 He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. 7 Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.”



John 3:16 (New Living Translation)
 16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.


Sometimes, you don't have any one close to tell you three words...I love you. Sometimes, you just need to know that someone does. That is what GOD is telling us in HIS WORD...I Love You!! If you need to hear those words today, pick up the Bible...read it...and talk to GOD. You'll hear HIM say...I Love You!!




























No comments: