Sunday, August 22, 2010

WILL YOU CHOOSE LIFE?

Choices...we all have to make them...all day...every day. 

The trick is, to make the right ones. For a few weeks I have been struggling with freely giving my time to GOD. I say freely because it is a choice I have to make daily to spend time talking to GOD and reading HIS WORD. Doing those two things are essential to a Christians life. For me talking to GOD and reading from HIS WORD are what keeps me going. It's "lifeblood". When I fail to do those two things, on a regular basis, I find myself having to fight things from my past. Fear, depression, loneliness, worry, just to name a few. A lot of people have these issues, but...there is relief from these things. In fact many of them can be completely done away with. You just need to spend time with the LORD daily...everyday!! Not just when you want to make time.

A quote from C. S. Lewis--"Either the Bible will keep you away from sin, or sin will keep you away from the Bible."

So for the last few days I have chosen to spend more time in the WORD and talking to GOD. When you make those kinds of choices the devil will be right there to try to trip you up. Way to many times I let him win and cause me problems that I don't need. Today, being Sunday, was no exception. As soon as I started to drive to church a feeling of dread and fear came over me. It was feelings that I always used to have when going to church. When church started I wanted to leave but I knew I had to stay and not let the devil win. It was hard, but the devil lost that battle and GOD won.

We all face battles every day. Yours probably aren't the same as mine. However, yours are just as hard for you to conquer as mine are for me. You just have to stick to what you know is the right thing to do and ask GOD to help you. When I got home I started reading a devotional I have. It's about "Going places with GOD". It talked a little about how GOD gives us a choice each day from which tree to eat. The tree of life or the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Eating from the second tree would eventually bring death.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20a...

19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! 20 You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life.

No matter where we are in life we have to make choices. Choices to do the right things and live like we should. Ultimately, when you do that, you are making a choice between life and death. When you choose GOD and choose to live for HIM, you are choosing life. If you don't choose GOD, and the things of GOD, you are choosing death.

Where we live is the stage of our life. Who you allow to be in your life, and how your life plays out, is really up to you. Are you going to make your life count for GOD...or are you going to let the devil play you and win?

Choices...it's all up to you!




1 comment:

Denise said...

Nice blog Chelle; even with daily life struggles and challenges, I am thankful everyday for making the right "choice" in life! :)