Thursday, May 2, 2013

It Only Takes A Millisecond

Faith only takes a millisecond to be expressed.

Isn't that a good statement?  God has been working on my faith level recently so when I saw that it kind of jumped out at me. 

Today I had a few moments...couple of hours really!...of feeling sorry for myself.  After a bit of an "oh poor me" attitude, I realized that I hadn't been doing the same things today as I had been doing in the previous days this week.  I had not listened to one bit of music or read even one scripture.  So I turned on the music.  Whisper Jesus came on...beautiful song! Here's the first verse and chorus:

There's a name I love to whisper
anytime of day or night
And though the peace
that accompanies is mentioned
No tongue can tell
no pen can write


Whisper Jesus
I love you Jesus
Heavens peace will flood your soul
Whisper Jesus
I love you Jesus
Heavens peace will flood your soul

I started thinking about my day...my attitude...and what just a little bit of worship did for me.  I don't know how it is for you but for me it all ties in to faith.  Finally, I was understanding that if I would just reach out in faith, and believe, then all I had to do was just whisper His name...Jesus...it was all going to be okay.  They were saying that many times you can't express in prayer what you need or how you feel.  But...you can just whisper His name...Jesus...Jesus...Jesus...and that's all it takes.  How true that was.  I found that Jesus was there with me...holding me...comforting me.  Isn't that really all we need at times?  Just to know He's with us?  Just to know we're not alone?  To feel His peace and comfort drop over us like a heavenly blanket...that's all I really needed.  One of the best things about all of this was...

It really did only take a millisecond to get there.  The very second you start to whisper Jesus...He steps in.  It doesn't matter that nothing has changed in your situation.  The unsettled, anxious feelings start to leave with just the whisper of His name...Jesus.

James 1:2-4

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

No comments: