Wednesday, May 1, 2013

For Our Good and HIS Glory

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 

The questions I pose for myself today are these...

Do I really believe in God's promises?  Do I really believe that even though things seem to be worse the last couple of days that God is in control and He will work it all out?  That In the end...everything will be okay? 

What I read is this...

I...we...have to have enduring faith.  If I don't then what is the point in anything I believe?  Faith and hope go hand in hand.  We have a great hope that all things in our life are going to work out...for our good and His glory.  That's a phrase Marge says to me all the time and I am still learning.  Our hope reveals our faith in Him.  Having courage and hope shows that we have faith that the Lord is working out everything for us.  Yes, my courage and hope wane at times.  In fact at some points this week they have lacked a lot!  But...because of my faith I was able to get up with renewed hope this morning!  Just knowing that today is a new day and God had it all planned out for me before I ever awoke...well that's exciting!  

Before I knew the Lord I believed that everything just happened.  I lived my life as much on the edge as I could because I thought that it really didn't matter anyway.  Kind of like what that old song says...what will be will be, the futures not ours to see, que sera, sera.  Just so you know...I still don't believe that I'm in control of my future but doing things like driving at high rates of speed while under the influence of  "whatever" is a risk you don't need to take!  I do believe that God has a much better ending in store for me than those actions would bring on.  I now have hope...and assurance...that I am part of God's family and no matter what...it will all turn out for my best!  

Something else I know is this...

Without faith we would be like a boat on a stormy sea.  Tossed and turned about...never knowing what direction we were going in.  Think about the mess you would be in if you didn't have faith. Faith is what holds me...us...together. When we are on that stormy sea faith is what keeps us going.  Faith is like a lifeline to the Lord.  Without faith prayer is meaningless.  Why pray if you don't have faith that God is listening?  But when you do have faith that He is...even when you don't see immediate results...you know that you know that He is listening and is working it all out for you...

For your good and His glory! 


till we see Jesus...face to face 



Linking up with Tracy today





1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love this. Thank you for sharing!! Found you through Winsome Wednesdays. :-)

Sarah