Friday, May 13, 2011

Change...Embrace It!

Change...it's hard. There are only two times in my life when I remember embracing change. One was a little over six years ago when I left California and moved to Idaho. The second time was three years and nine months ago when I became a christian. Those were the two things I knew I wanted to change in my life. Since becoming a christian there has been many changes take place...and still more that need to take place!! The Lord is trying to help me with those but the name on my blog contains "rebel" for a reason...I know how to resist change!! Not that resisting is a good thing but sometimes old habits are really hard to beat. Well, today when I woke up what immediately came to my mind was that there was going to be...some change take place today. The funny thing about it is...

I didn't even try the resisting thing. I just looked up and said...Okay Lord, I will. For most people this would be so easy. Go to someones house...that I know...where there is going to be some other single women from church...and "fellowship"!! Fellowship..the state of sharing mutual interests, experiences, activities, etc. That is one of the most difficult things...ever...for me to do! Talking to one person at a time can sometimes be hard. But I decided...you only die once in this life so I might as well give it my best shot! All kidding aside...so to speak...there is a reason for this post other than to tell you what's wrong with my personality. Change has a purpose in your life...

No matter how much you are shaking...how many knots your stomach is tied in...how hard it is to find the right words to the questions...or any words at all for that matter...God works through change. What we are supposed to be doing as Christians is growing. God uses change to change us! So when we are presented with the opportunity to take on change in our lives we should embrace it. Not like you would embrace a porcupine but like you would embrace a nice, soft, cuddly little puppy! You see...Jesus is always the same. He never changes.

Hebrews 13:8 (Amplified Bible)
Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is [always] the same, yesterday, today, [yes] and forever (to the ages).

So...I decided to read some scriptures about peace because the closer it gets...the more knots there are!! LOL Here are some of the scriptures.

Deuteronomy 31:6 (New Living Translation)
So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”


1 Peter 5:7 (New Living Translation)
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you

John 14:27 (Amplified Bible) Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]

What do these three scriptures say to you? For me, in this time...


Don't worry about anything. God will be there before and with me. He cares about about me and won't leave me or let me down. So go...embrace the change He wants you to experience...and grow!

   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle, it would be nice if God opened our eyes like He did for Elisha's(?) armer bearer and we could see all of God's army with us on whatever path we take. Even if it's to talk to someone. I always tell my kids if you have butterflies (granted - they are not knots!) in your stomach, make them fly in formation! If God is for you, who can be against you? I think the answer to that question is often, us! We make our own lives more difficult. God bless, Tracy.
ps. I really appreciate your comments on my blog. Makes my heart warm!

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Tracy...Your comments are much appreciated also. You always have something good to say that really pertains too what I have written. It's great to know what others think about the subject!
Blessings too you...Chelle