Saturday, June 12, 2010

AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP

In last nights post I mentioned that GOD has been telling me HE wants me to "Go Deeper" to have a more intimate relationship with HIM. I have felt that for a while. Yet the more I knew it was what I needed to do, the more difficult of a time I was having with it. I was struggling so much that I was ready to give up a few times. The old road was looking good!

You remember the movies where the person would have a little devil  on their left shoulder and a little  angel on their right shoulder? The  would be telling them to go ahead and do the bad thing and the  would be telling them to do the right thing! That is what it was like. There was a war going on with me and it was so hard not to listen to the  on the left. But, somehow...the little  on the right finally got through to me and won!

Amazingly enough, after all the battling back and forth, GOD is "still" impressing on me how HE wants me to "Go Deeper", have a more intimate relationship with HIM. In fact today HE confirmed that to me. For the first time in a couple of months I turned my TV on to a Christian channel and actually listened to what was being said. It just so happened that John Bevere was on a talk show. The interviewer asked him to tell in 60 seconds what he believes GOD is doing right now. John said, "GOD is bringing a great awakening to the need to have a very intimate relationship with HIM. In the Bible Daniel said in the last days those who know their GOD shall be strong and do great exploits for GOD."  John Bevere said, "It is important to have a personnel connection with GOD."

For me I know that I need a better connection. If you aren't connected on a more intimate level it is so easy to drift in the wrong direction. In this time that we are living in, we need to stay close to GOD. HE is the one that will help us to get through the things that are happening all around us. We need to be ready when JESUS returns. Listen to the right voice. Find what you need inside of yourself to "Go Deeper" with GOD. Have a more intimate relationship with HIM.

William Carey (1761-1834) an English Baptist Missionary said..."Expect great things from GOD, attempt great things for GOD!"

Ephesians 6:10-11 (New Living Translation) 
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.

Daniel 11:32 (New King James Version) Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.

1 comment:

Messenger International said...

Wow - so great to hear! Thanks for sharing... We are honored to get to serve alongside you!

Visit our blog @ www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com