Sunday, June 27, 2010

HE HAS A PLAN

Isn't GOD just Awesome??!!! Sometimes I think that I am just getting further and further from GOD, when all I really want to do is to get closer and closer to GOD!  It's kind of funny how GOD works through those times with us to let us know that HE has really been there all along. I'll try to explain what I'm talking about. I have to go back in time a few years...

About eight years ago I was still living in California. I attended a good church and even was one of the sound and camera techs...I was always there. Even though I had went to this church my whole life, I was not a Christian. At one point the Pastor decided he was going to do a DVD series, from a well known speaker, on Sunday nights. Almost immediately when we started it the first night I knew I didn't want to be there. I didn't like what the man had to say and it really made me irritable and agitated. I didn't want to go the next week but I did and I was even more agitated, and angry, that time. So, I didn't go back while they were doing that series. Life went on and I continued living a lie. Everyone believed that I was a Christian. Whenever this speakers name was mentioned I always said that I didn't like him. No one could understand it because they all thought he was a good speaker...

About 6 years ago I left California and moved to where I live now. This turned out to be a good move because in August I will have been a Christian for 3 years. The odd thing is, I never changed my mind about the Christian speaker from the DVD series. I read a lot of books but never would read, or even pick up, one of his...until this week. On June 12th I turned on my TV and there he was. I almost changed the channel but something stopped me. Actually, GOD stopped me. I listened and what he said really spoke to me. GOD used someone that I thought I didn't ever want to listen to again, to speak to me. In fact I quoted him in my post on June 12th. It was John Bevere. So, I was thinking how amazing it all was how GOD uses what we perceive as negative things in our past, to help us in our present. Well, I found out yesterday that GOD wasn't through with this whole subject...

I went to the Christian book store, and  while standing in line to check out, turned around, and saw a book by John called "Extraordinary". It was sitting on a shelf marked 50% off and there was only the one. It was as if my eyes went directly to that book. I knew I had to go and get it. Tonight I picked it up and started to read it...

I "know" God plans every moment of our lives. From when this all started...8 years ago until now...GOD knew what my struggles as a Christian were going to be. One of them is...it's hard for me to believe that people could love me. It's even harder for me to believe that GOD could love me. I know HE does because HIS Word says so. HE loves us unconditionally. Satan likes to make us believe that we aren't good enough, we've messed up to many times. But, if you read GOD'S Word and believe it you know that is just not true. However, sometimes I let satan win that fight...

Tonight I started reading the book and it's great! The second chapter is titled...You Are Loved!! It is really good! I have only read the first two chapters and I know that GOD led me to this book. I highly recommend it to everyone. As soon as I finished chapter two GOD let me know that I needed to write this post.  I believe there are other Christians out there that need to read this book. It is about the Extraordinary life that you are meant to live. Isn't it funny how GOD uses people and they don't even know it. GOD used someone I have never met to show me how much HE really does love me. I am hoping that someday John Bevere comes to Idaho so I can hear him speak in person.

GOD does have a plan for every one of our lives. Here are a couple of my favorite verses.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New Living Translation)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.


Jeremiah 1:5 (The Message)
 5"Before I shaped you in the womb,
   I knew all about you.
Before you saw the light of day,
   I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations—
   that's what I had in mind for you."

3 comments:

Denise said...

What a delightful story Chelle! :)

"If we, like the seed, are to grow fully into a new creation, we must undergo God's essential and miraculous work-which is often hidden from view-in unexpected and even uncomfortable seasons of life." Tri Robinson

He always has a plan for us to grow!

Messenger International said...

Wow - amazing testimony! Thank you so much for sharing. John isn't scheduled to be in Idaho any more this year, but he does go there every so often. You can always check his schedule on our web site: www.MessengerInternational.org. We are honored to be serving alongside you, Chelle!

Visit our blog @ www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com

Messenger International said...

Hi again! John wanted to let you know that he read your entire blog and was really blessed by your honesty. He's so happy to hear what God is doing in your life!

Much love!
MI Staff