Thursday, June 10, 2010

GO DEEPER WITH GOD

When I found the picture of the heart held in a pair of hands, I knew it belonged on my blog. Most of what I blog about has something to do with me. I am always putting a piece of me out there for everyone to read about. On my blog I have nothing to hide behind. Like the heart in the hands...it's out there for everyone to see. No walls, human or man made, around it. GOD gives me things to write and I post it...sometimes with a little grumbling because you learn more about me and my struggles. The thing is...I am not the important part of this blog. GOD IS!! The purpose of everything HE gives me to share about is when I tell you what HE has done for me because of my situations. And more importantly...what HE can and will do for you. If you ask HIM too! HE is mighty and powerful and is just waiting to give you strength, courage, peace, hope, happiness, joy, love, friendships, abundant life...and all the other good things you have been missing in your life.

What it says on the picture is also very fitting for my blog. "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent...about things that matter." What is the one thing, that really matters, that we should never be silent about? JESUS, our relationship with HIM, and the relationship HE wants to have with you and everyone that does not already know HIM. For myself, I have found when I stop talking to others about JESUS I start to lose the excitement I have in and about HIM. If I am always willing to share with others, either on my blog or in person, and do it whenever the opportunity arises, I have a hard time remaining silent. HE gives me the words to say...verbally or in writing. When I stop and become silent...it is as if a part of me is slowly dying. My life as I have come to know it is in a sense...ending. I start feeling lifeless and like life really has lost a lot of it's meaning for me. This may sound a little drastic and over the top but for me that's how it is. I start to lose my joy.

Tonight when I looked at the picture I got a whole new meaning.

Those are my hands and my heart. I am handing it to JESUS to do with as HE wants. I know HE will take care of it because that's what HE does. HE guards our hearts!! JESUS delights in taking care of us! As GOD is showing me this it is so exciting! HE has been letting me know that HE wants me to "go deeper" with HIM...in my walk with HIM. Get to know HIM better...more intimately. GOD wants you to do that also. It doesn't matter if you've been walking with HIM for years, or if it's only been a short time, HE wants us all to "go deeper". GOD is saying to take a chance. Put your heart out there. Place it in the hands of JESUS and let HIM take care of it. You will not be sorry. You will only find that good things come from doing that. Give HIM all of you. HE is waiting for you to step out and take that chance.

Go Deeper With GOD!!

 Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 Isaiah 26:3
 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

Psalm 62:6 
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.

No comments: