Thursday, April 1, 2010

Whom Will You Serve?

In this life we all have one really important choice to make. Will we be a slave to sin...satan who brings death...or will we be a slave to JESUS CHRIST and have life...everlasting life?

Throughout my life I have been enslaved to a number of different things. Sometimes it was out of what I thought was necessity, sometimes because of life circumstances and sometimes because I was enjoying the sin I was involved in at the time. Basically I was a slave to sin and I had a very bleak future. I was living for the devil and on my way to living with him. But one day...a miracle took place. It was the miracle of the cross! I realized that even though I thought GOD wanted nothing to do with me there was a chance I was wrong. The HOLY SPIRIT started working on me and before I knew it...HE was living in me!! The power that sin once had over me died the day I asked JESUS to forgive me. All I had to do was believe it and accept it. Once I did that I had fellowship with GOD and freedom from sins hold on my life.

Romans 6 talks about...being baptized into CHRIST. The longer I serve HIM the more I have come to understand what that means. To be baptized into something is to be enveloped, submerged or immersed into. Enveloped means...surrounded entirely or to be wrapped in. Submerged means...hidden in or covered by. Immersed means...plunged or buried in. So to be baptized in CHRIST all of those things happen. I can think of nothing more that I would rather have than to be totally enveloped, submerged and immersed in JESUS CHRIST!!!

Paul goes on to tell us that once we accept CHRIST sin is no longer our master.We are free from it's bondage. Once you accept CHRIST you have the power within you to overcome any sin that holds you captive. I can tell you from first hand knowledge that it's not always easy. For months after accepting JESUS I struggled with the desires to do the things of my past. How and what you think has a lot to do with beating anything. You cannot let sin rule your mind. Pray and be prayed for. Remember...JESUS is life and you are free because HE died for you. Romans 6:12-14 says...

Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.  Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace.

Matthew 6:24 tells us...
“No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other"

I remember when I served sin I had a good time for awhile. As they say...Sin is fun for a season. I didn't realize that I was a slave. Sooner or later though the fun stops and reality sets in. For me it was the reality that one day I was going to go to hell. If my life didn't change there was no way around it. Swindoll, in his book on Romans, says...it is possible to be a slave to something and think you are free. That is what the unsaved think. Romans 6:23 says...

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

So the question I have for you today is...Whom will you serve? Will you choose sin and death? Or will you choose JESUS CHRIST and Life?

If you wish to choose life just look at the top left of this blog. There is a prayer you can pray to accept CHRIST. Once you have done that your life will never be the same!!

1 comment:

friskychile said...

Very powerful Chelle; praise Him for His grace!