Sunday, April 4, 2010

Do You Want To Know HIM?

Romans 8:1-8

 1 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. 2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. 3 The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins. 4 He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.  5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. 6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. 7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. 8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.


In Swindolls book, Insights On Romans, he makes a statement talking about his time in Okinawa while in the Marines. Swindoll says he felt abandoned by the LORD. But then the LORD confronted him with a life-changing question..."Do you want to know me?" When I read that section what he had been saying about chapter 8 of Romans all came together for me. It's about our walk with CHRIST...

If we are "in CHRIST" we are no longer sentenced to death. We are free. The law has no power over us and neither does sin. We can live a life of joy and peace. For life on earth it can't get any better than that!!
However, sometimes being a Christian is not an easy thing to do. Why? Because we don't live like we are free. Of course, I would like to tell you that I'm really good at it. Never have a problem and everything I do and say always reflects JESUS. Unfortunately that wouldn't be true. There are many days when not much of what I do or say reflects HIM at all!! Sometimes I try to do everything on my own and when I do I fail miserably. My old self..."the flesh"...takes over again. Sometimes I forget that the HOLY SPIRIT is living in me and that I can have HIS help whenever I ask for it. The HOLY SPIRIT is stronger than my flesh and I need to leave my "old self" behind and go forward in my new life which is "in CHRIST"...enveloped, submerged and immersed!! I have been saved by grace through faith and for that reason I can have assurance and peace that I belong to GOD and HE will help me to live the way I should and continue on in this Christian life if I ask HIM to. That's not to say we won't have pain in this life, we will. But if we allow HIM too, the HOLY SPIRIT will help us through all of it.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (Message Bible)

My grace is enough; it's all you need.
   My strength comes into its own in your weakness.
Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.

So...back to the question. Yes!! I want to know HIM as fully as I can! Whatever it takes I want to live my life as close to HIM as I can! Things may not always happen the way I want them too and life might not always be good. But...if I listen to the LORD and completely surrender my life to HIM I will achieve the desired outcome. Peace and joy here and Eternal Life with CHRIST!!

Don't let your past, or your old nature, rob you of the joy you can have by living "in CHRIST". If you have accepted the LORD as your SAVIOR remember that you are "forgiven" and nothing can separate you from the FATHER'S love HE has for you.

Romans 8:38-39 (New Living Translation)

 38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Look around you at all that is happening in our world today. JESUS could come back at any time!! If you don't know the LORD as your SAVIOR you can fix that problem now. At the top left of this page it is explained what you need to do. Don't be left here when HE returns!

No comments: