Saturday, March 13, 2010

1 KINGS 19:11-12

1 Kings 19:11-12 (The Message)

 11-12 Then he was told, "Go, stand on the mountain at attention before God. God will pass by."
    A hurricane wind ripped through the mountains and shattered the rocks before God, but God wasn't to be found in the wind; after the wind an earthquake, but God wasn't in the earthquake; and after the earthquake fire, but God wasn't in the fire; and after the fire a gentle and quiet whisper.

Elijah was on top of Mt. Horeb when GOD visited him. HE went there to encourage Elijah. When HE did,  HE took all of these storms with HIM. The point was that GOD wasn't in any of these things. HE used another way to speak to Elijah...a gentle whisper. GOD wanted to show Elijah that HE doesn't always use big powerful and miraculous ways to speak to us. Sometimes HE just whispers to us in HIS still small voice. We need to continually listen for HIM to speak to us. Sometimes you just need to be still and listen for that whisper. When you quietly sit and meditate on HIS word HE will show up. HE wants to lead and guide you but it could be that you are always in such a hurry that you just can't hear HIM. If you humble yourself, GOD will show up.

You have to remember that GOD doesn't do things in our time, HE does things in HIS. Really, when it comes right down to it, I wouldn't want GOD to do things in my way or in my time. HE knows whats good for me and even though I think I do, my life has proven that most of the time I have made the wrong choices. I want to hear that gentle, quiet whisper of GOD. I want HIM to be the LORD of my life. On my own, I can't do it. It's only through HIM that I can live. Sit quietly and listen for GOD. HE will guide you through life if you let HIM. There is no one else you can really trust with your life...only GOD!!

No comments: