Saturday, February 20, 2010

Psalm 150

Here's the honest truth about this post today. I really didn't have much to say but I knew that GOD wanted me to post this Psalm. So I put in on here thinking that I wasn't going to write anything, just post the Psalm and close the blog. Then GOD started talking. HE said, You can do all of these things. Praise me in every way possible in front of other people. Say all the praiseworthy things you say to each other...sing, clap and raise your hands. But, if you really...deep down...don't mean it with every breath you have...it is all for nothing. We have to remember not to praise HIM just for show.

Sometimes we may be a little down, upset or anxious about things, and have a hard time getting into praising HIM. I think that is different. That's when you need to praise HIM anyway...with every breath you have. When you make yourself praise HIM even when you don't feel like it, HE will bless you for that. Before you know it you will be wanting to praise HIM and you will feel better.

One thing I have learned since starting this blog is that it is not just mine to do and say as I please with. GOD is the one that wanted me to do a blog and HE is the one in charge of what I write. So even though I didn't want to write anything HE is always in control and always knows what is best.

Psalm 150 (New Living Translation)

1 Praise the Lord!

Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heaven!
2 Praise him for his mighty works;
praise his unequaled greatness!
3 Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;
praise him with the lyre and harp!
4 Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;
praise him with strings and flutes!
5 Praise him with a clash of cymbals;
praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
6 Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!

Praise the Lord!

No comments: