Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Philippians 4:8

This week...actually today...I have set a new goal for myself. That is to thank GOD, and praise the LORD, for a least one different thing in my life everyday. That could be difficult some days because I have noticed that lately I can tend to be on the negative side a bit. Which is probably the reason I will be doing this. GOD seems to lead me into things for growth and maturity even when I'm not looking for them...especially when I'm not!! I am also going to try to post a verse having to do with Praise or Thankfulness everyday. Sometimes I will write something to go with it and sometimes I may not. Here is the verse for today.

Philippians 4:8 (New Living Translation)

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

We need to ask GOD to help us focus on these things. That can be hard at times. There are things that you read, see, and hear everyday that are not things you should think about. We don't have a choice about everything that goes into our minds but we do have a choice about some things. We need to guard our minds as much as we can. One thing we can do is counteract the bad things with good things. Pray and read GOD'S word everyday, listen to Christian music or radio programs. Replace things that are questionable in your life with things of GOD. Be a good steward of your time, your actions and your thoughts. When I became a Christian I remember that my friend would quote this verse to me all the time. I'm glad she did because over time I learned to do what it says and that usually helps me to keep a more positive attitude.

My praise for today is for Christian friends in my life. Sometimes just by talking to them...whether in person, by phone or even e-mail...things seem to get brighter!! Thank You GOD for Christian friends in my life!!

Bless them all!!

No comments: