Sunday, January 24, 2010

SOMETIMES

Sometimes
I think of you as a lifeguard.
You are always watching us,
but only come down when we start to drown.
I often wonder what you are thinking.
Maybe you think;
There they go again,
getting out to far.
Look out child,
that wave of life can make you sink.
Look out,
that one has pain written all over it.
Here comes another one.
Quick! Take My hand.
I can help you get out.
Child listen to me,
you don't have to do this alone.
Child, when are you going to learn?
I am there for you.
I have always been there for you.
You don't have to navigate those rough waters alone.
Child all you have to do is call on me,
I Love You!
I am not sure,
maybe He does think these things.
Sometimes


While going back through some things I had written a long time ago I found this poem. While reading over it a couple of lines jumped out at me. "You don't have to navigate those rough waters alone. Child all you have to do is call on ME." How true that is. There are still times when I wait and try to do things on my own only to find out I can't. I need the help of our LORD. We all do. Every day we come upon things in our lives that we can't handle by ourselves. All we really have to do is just quietly breathe the name "JESUS" and HE will be right there for us.

If you are going through something today that you can't seem to handle on your own...try it. Either, "Quietly to yourself" or "Shout it out loud", just say "JESUS...I need your help with this situation"! What ever it is, if you ask HIM, and have faith that HE will help you, JESUS will be right there by your side and help you through. HE loves you and is waiting for your call. Don't wait until you are drowning. Call out to HIM today.

Psalm 91:15 (The Message)

14-16 "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
"I'll get you out of any trouble.
I'll give you the best of care
if you'll only get to know and trust me.
Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I'll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!"

No comments: