Saturday, January 9, 2010

THE "REAL" YOU

Did anyone else out there ever wake up one morning to realize you were somehow not who you believed yourself to be? Now, I don't mean in a literal sense. I'm talking about what you are really like on the inside...the real you. The person GOD originally made you to be. You see, until we accept JESUS into our lives we aren't really living the life of the person GOD created. It doesn't matter if your life is filled with success or if you just get by from day to day. You are not really the "real" you. Take me for instance....

Usually I don't tell this part of my life because I was always embarrassed by it. But I grew up not having much of anything. I didn't even have a bedroom until I was in junior high. Even then it wasn't a real room. It was a separate, small two room house that my sister and I stayed in. My friends on the other hand all lived in nice houses with great rooms. But, life was just life. Mine was getting by and my friends was success. It was what it was and you accepted it. I lived my life from childhood, well into adulthood, thinking that I never really mattered to GOD so I never accepted JESUS into my life. Because of that I never really became the person I was supposed to be. I could never find anything I really liked to do that defined me as an individual. Then a little over two years ago I accepted JESUS into my life and things haven't been the same since.

Before, I could never really figure out why I was here. Then one day it was as if I woke up and had a purpose. I figured out that the person I used to be isn't here anymore. There is a new person instead...the one GOD originally made me to be. Because of this GOD has helped me to start writing. In my old life, I would have never written anything. But I believe that in the great scheme of things, writing is one of the things GOD had originally planned for my life. At least in the blogging world. I don't know for sure what else HE has planned for me but whatever it is...as long as I live my life for HIM, I will become the person GOD created me to be. The "real" me.

I wrote all of this to say...You can also become the person GOD has always intended for you to be. Once you accept JESUS into your life and start living for HIM, He will help you to become the "real" you. You will do things you never thought you would or could. And, I can tell you this, it is better to become the person GOD made you to be than to stay stuck in a life that was never meant to be yours. HE has a plan for you. Talk to HIM and find out what it is. Then have faith and trust HIM when HE shares it with you.

Jeremiah 29:11-12 (New Living Translation)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen.

Galatians 2:19-20 (The Message)

19-21What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn't work. So I quit being a "law man" so that I could be God's man. Christ's life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.

No comments: