Sunday, January 3, 2010

FINISH WHAT YOU START

Here we go!! Another year has come and gone and we are in our third day of what I think is going to be a great year. You might wonder why I would say that since we have so many things happening in the world today that certainly are not positive. The thing is...you have to believe that whatever happens this year is all in GOD'S hands. And, you have to know that HE will take care of you no matter what. You also have to move on from 2009. Sometimes we look backwards and get stuck in the..."what might have been" mode. If you are doing that you need to stop and change your thinking. The thing about the past is we can't change it. Good or bad. What we can and should do is look forward to the new year and ask, then listen, for GOD to tell you what you need to do.

Personally, I'm excited about what this year is going to bring. GOD has already given me a new adventure to start and I'm looking forward to it. I have come to look at my life as a Christian as a "journey full of new adventures". Sometimes these "adventures" make me a little anxious but I know it will all be okay as long as I'm doing what HE wants. This new adventure is probably the reason I have been reading so much about "finishing what you start".

For the last few weeks I have been reading a lot of things about "finishing what you start". First you have to know that I don't look for these things to read. People just send them to me. When I get them I know that it's probably a GOD thing. They are all talking about things we should be doing as Christians. It could be a ministry you have or things you should be doing to be able to live for GOD better. Sometimes it could even be deciding to continue on in your walk with the LORD. Many times people get discouraged because they think they have failed too many times. Other times it could simply be because the devil keeps attacking and they aren't strong enough to say no. Then they go back and start living for him. We need to determine within ourselves that we will continue on and make it to the end. Of course this can only be done with the help of the LORD. Anyway, all of the things that I have read recently seem to talk about how we start off with a bang and then as time goes on, and life happens, we tend to let other things take precedence over the things we know we need to be doing. GOD has just been telling me that to let anything keep you from doing what HE has for you is wrong. If you are having a problem finishing, you need to talk to HIM about it. Don't quit! Do whatever it takes to finish what you start for the LORD. Whether it be your own personal walk or a ministry HE wants you to do.

I like Ephesians 6:10-12 in The Message Bible

A Fight to the Finish
10-12 And that about wraps it up. GOD is strong, and HE wants you strong. So take everything the MASTER has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the devil and all his angels.

No comments: