Saturday, November 14, 2009

FOLLOW-UP

The last couple of weeks I was having a hard time with the whole concept of living for God. I didn't think I was doing a very good job. There was a lot of doubt and a few, what I will call, crazy thoughts. I even posted a poem called, Failure, because I was sure that I was failing big time. During that time I would sit here at my desk and feel like I was just sinking a little more everyday into something dark and heavy. If you read my posts you know what I'm talking about. The funny thing is, I was just writing what I was thinking. Like I have mentioned in past posts, once I get too far "down"...I guess is a good word...I stop reading my bible and talking to God. You could probably pretty much call it "quitting". Anyway, after posting the poem I received comments, and devotions, that all pertained to what I wrote about. Even so I was still a little "stuck" in my thoughts. Then the Lord gave me something else. I wrote it down in poem format but I'm not really sure if that is what you would call it. I never posted it because I can sometimes be a little hesitant...not being quite sure of what to do with what He gives me. I'm not really sure why it's hard sometimes. Tonight after posting, He Is Always Near, this just kept coming to my mind and I think that I am to post it. So here it is.

I am always here for you
even when you can't tell
My love for you never fades
I won't ever go away

I have always loved you
you are my child
When you are scared
I will hold you in my arms

No matter what your circumstance
you will always be safe with Me
Just reach for My hand
I will help you to breathe

Why do you run from me
when things are hard
I am always there to help you
if you will only call out My name

When things in your life
seem never to change
Look to Me the Lord your God
I can help you to heal

You will be amazed
at what I can do for you
You are My child
just come to Me

No comments: