Monday, October 5, 2009

OLD PATHS OR NEW PATHS

When I used to go hunting there were many times when I would have to choose which way to go. Walk uphill or downhill, over the fallen tree or around it, stay on the path or get further out into the woods. No matter which of those you choose you need to keep going in the right direction to get to the point where you meet up with everyone else. The point is you have to choose the right path to reach your destination. It works that way in every area of our lives. Just in our normal day to day living we have choices to make about which way we will go. What decisions we will make. The other day the Lord pointed them out to me as paths...

After I posted in my blog on Saturday, I started reading Job 22 again. Verse 15 stuck out to me and I knew the Lord was telling me I needed to change how I handle things sometimes. I knew there was something I was supposed to write about it, but I wasn't sure what. Today, while at work, this thought came to mind. There are two paths I can choose from. The right path and the wrong path. Everyday I have to make the choice many times. It's not always about the narrow path and the wide path that Matthew 7:13-14 talks about. Sometimes it's simply about choosing the right thing to do in everyday circumstances. When there is something that adversely affects me how do I react? If it's something that involves other people do they see Christ in my reaction or do they see the old me? The goal is, that they see the new me that is supposed to be Christlike. In reality there have been many times recently that they saw the old me. I had stepped back on to the old paths, the ones that were familiar to me. The Lord was telling me that I had been making wrong choices. I needed to get off the old paths of my past life and start walking on the new path that He has laid out for me.

So...that is my goal. To remember when things go wrong to stay on the new path. Old paths from my past life just tend to bring me down. Old paths hinder and sometimes destroy the progress that has been made in a new walk with Christ. That's what the Lord wants me to remember.

Job 22:15 (New Living Translation)

15 “Will you continue on the old paths
where evil people have walked?

No comments: