Thursday, February 26, 2009

A LIGHT IN THE DARK

2 Corinthians 6:17-18


14-18Don't become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That's not partnership; that's war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way:

"I'll live in them, move into them;
I'll be their God and they'll be my people.
So leave the corruption and compromise;
leave it for good," says God.
"Don't link up with those who will pollute you.
I want you all for myself.
I'll be a Father to you;
you'll be sons and daughters to me."
The Word of the Master, God.

2 Corinthians 7

1 With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God.


We are bombarded everyday with things that are not of God. Many of us are surrounded by people that are not Christians. If you are not a Christian you are a child of the dark. A child of satan. They might be great people but if they don't know the Lord they are dark. As Christians we are light. We need to be friends with non Christians and try to lead them to God. But...we need to separate ourselves from their lifestyle. We are God's holy Temple, His dwelling place, and we shouldn't do the things they do that are sinful. If you have friends that like to party you shouldn't go there with them. If you do, eventually, you will be doing the same things they are doing. The scripture says...Don't link up with those who will pollute you, or...get you to turn from God, and start living as satan wants you to live. Not only might you pick up their actions but also their attitudes. Have you ever noticed how some people who are Christians, but start hanging with people who aren't, will pick up different things from them. It could be a negative attitude or an attitude that everyone owes them. Whatever the 'tude is, if it's not pleasing to God...you don't want it. Even though you think that it won't affect your walk with the Lord, at some point it will. We need to dedicate ourselves to the Lord and live like we mean it. We need to live this way everyday. Not just when we feel like it or we need something from God.


One of the big things satan does is to get people that are living for him to recruit their friends. He wants them to make their sinful lives look good to people that may be on the fence. People that are trying to decide which way to go. When you are in those lifestyles you don't even realize that satan is getting you to work for him. When I was into drugs one of the big things we did was try to get other people to do them with us. We always thought we were having a great time. We couldn't understand why our friends, that didn't do drugs, wouldn't want to have a good time also. We thought that they were the ones who were missing out. In reality...it was just satan using us to try to get more people on the road to hell with us. I remember one time specifically that I tried to get one of my friends to come and smoke a joint with us. I kept telling her how great it was and how she would feel better than she had ever felt her whole life. I think I talked to her for 30 minutes trying to convince her to try it. She was smarter then me. She just kept saying no, she didn't need it. Today I'm glad she made that choice. If she hadn't who knows what may have happened to her. Back then I was a child of the dark, satan, and I did the things he wanted me too. If you know anyone that is like I used to be...Pray for them! They need God.We need to work to bring people to the Lord as hard as satans followers work to win people over to his side.


I am so thankful and glad that I found God. He wasn't lost, I was. But...today, He is the most important person in my life. You need to pray and witness to all your friends and family that are not Christians. You don't always have to say something to them, you just have to let them see Jesus in you. I used to think that was strange when I heard Christians say that. Now I know it's true. There are people that I know, that through their lives, I can see God. That is a good way to be. It's a goal that as Christians we all should have. It's one of my main goals that I hope to achieve someday.


Remember...Finding GOD is the most AWESOME thing that has ever happened to you! Share Him and His love every way you can. Be a Light in the darkness. You won't be sorry. God will give you what you need to do this.







No comments: