Friday, January 16, 2009

RESTRAINING ORDERS

Do you ever watch cop shows on TV? Think about when someone is having a problem with an ex spouse or ex boy/girl friend. What do they generally do when they want them to stay away? They get a restraining order against them. They put them on notice. If they come within so many yards of them they will be arrested...if they get caught. However, on most shows you watch they don't get caught until it's too late. They generally do one of three things. Kidnap them, beat them up, or kill them.

Satan is really good at those things too. He will kidnap you and hold you hostage as long as he can. If you allow him too he will keep you bound to those same old sins that you have asked God to forgive you for. What are the people in the movies usually doing after they've been kidnapped? They are usually locked in a room or tied up and blindfolded and gagged. Why is that? So they can't get away. So they are kept confused and under the control of someone else. Beaten down. That's what satan does too. He keeps after you throwing your past up at you until he can hopefully control you. If it doesn't happen easily then he tries to confuse you. Make you wonder if you really are a child of God. If God really did forgive you. Even if God really loves you! He tries his best to beat you down.

Maybe those tactics aren't good enough to work on you. No matter what he says, you still believe that God forgave you and loves you. But, you had some things in your life before becoming a Christian, that were hard for you to lay down. Things that made you feel good for awhile when you did them. ADDICTIONS! Yep, some of us had them. As much as we hate to admit it, we were addicted to one or more things. Satan uses this stuff too. He gets in your head and starts throwing things at you. You have a bad day at work, have a fight with someone, maybe your car breaks down or maybe you even lose your job. Who knows? It could be just about anything he uses to throw at you. Whatever it takes, he beats you up with it. He knows how much you can handle. After all...he's watched you struggle with all of this before. He knows what buttons to push to get you to start thinking about your old addictions and how good they made you feel. Remember...he was the one that was there with you when you used to do them. So...he starts beating you up with the thoughts of them. He starts throwing all the darts at you he can. Just hoping to hit you with the one that's going to push you over the edge. The one that drives you back to that addiction!! Remember too, how it feels to try to fight that addiction. Is it worth going back to? Remember the pain involved to leave it behind the last time. Don't just jump back in because it seems easier.

Then if it all works like he's planned...he goes in for the kill. He knows that with some of us it will only take once. We think that if we give in, fall back into the old habits, that it's all over for us! If we have that one drink or we take that drug, God will never forgive us again. He delivered us from it once and He won't do it again. If satan can get you to believe his lies, and you don't stop and ask God to forgive you and help you to not fall into the trap again, he will have won. In essence he will have killed you. That's his goal. To keep you from God and take you to hell with him. Always remember too, that if you do mess up and let satan and the addictions win, that God will still forgive you if you ask. Be careful though because it's not a game.

Satan's a liar. God will help you. Just ask Him. But you have to do some things too. You can start by putting satan on notice. Issue a restraining order against him, if you will. Pray and ask God to help you with this. I even talk to satan sometimes. I tell him to get away from me and leave me alone. I'm a child of God and he can't touch me.

I've had some great things happen to me in the past week. God has helped me more than once lately. Satan knows when these things happen and he tries to get in your head and mess with you. He doesn't want you to get closer to God. He knows the closer you get the harder it's going to be for him to tempt you and win. With me he waits until I'm tired or stressed and then tries zinging a dart in.

When I woke up Thursday I just felt a heaviness of fear all over me. I realized that I had been dreaming, a nightmare really, that the Lord had come back and that I was still here. Of course everyone else was still in bed so it was quiet. My first thought was that it was true. Then I told myself no way was it true. I know I'm forgiven. I am a child of God!! It took me about an hour to figure out what was going on. Satan didn't want me to win. As soon as I figured this out I put him on notice. I started praying and asked God to issue a restraining order against him. I told satan he was not to be anywhere near me! He was to stay away from me completly. I commanded him to leave in JESUS name! You know what? It worked!! The fear left, that heavy feeling was gone! Praise God!!!

On tv you have to go to court to get a restraining order. As Christians all you have to do is pray and ask the Lord to keep him away from you. Yes, you still will be tempted at times to go back. When that happens pray and read the word. The more you do those things the easier it will be to say no to satan when he comes with his attack. Make it a daily habit to read the word. Pray all the time. Praying gives you peace. You know what peace means?

Praying Energetically Always Creates Ease

I've read that people get addicted to stuff because they work so hard not to feel the things that God created them to feel. You actually become desperate to feel something at all, anything to fill that emptiness that is within yourself. The only way to fill that void and experience real feeling is through God and His love. The other things you use to fill the void eventually just create feelings of fear and emptiness. Try God. You won't regret it.

1 John 4:4 (New International Version) You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Colossians 1:13 He has rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son He loves,

Isaiah 41:13

For I, the LORD your God,
hold your right hand
and say to you: Do not fear,
I will help you.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you

John 11:9 "If anyone walks during the day, he doesn't stumble, because he sees the light of this world.









1 comment:

Chase Warren said...

I really enjoyed this post Chelle [I had to skim, in a hurry but I will come back and reread the whole thing in case I missed something.] I think we HAVE to look at Satan as a constant enemy not an enemy defeated once we have Christ in our lives. Satan doesn't have to work to get the people in the jails what he has to work hard is to get people surrounded by Christians. Nice work!

-Chase Warren