Thursday, January 29, 2009

DESPERATE FOR GOD

Desperate: Having a great need or desire for.

Have you ever really wanted something so much you could hardly wait for it? Could have been when you were a teenager you just couldn't wait until you turned 18. You thought once you turned 18 you'd be an adult. Finally you would be your own boss, could do what you wanted. No more having to do what your parents said. You wanted freedom so badly you were almost desperate for that day to come. A lot of us were like that. Absolutely desperate for our freedom! I was like that. But...that kind of freedom isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you've read other posts on my blog you know I took full advantage of any freedom I found. The problem was no matter what I did I still always had that desperate feeling. I always had a desire for something else. I was constantly searching for whatever it took to fulfill that desperation. Well...I've finally found what I needed to do that.

GOD

Most of us go through life basically just living from day to day. We go to school, go to work, stay home and work...whatever the case may be it's generally the same routine all the time. The thing is, we can change that. We don't have to be stuck in the same routine day in and day out. All you need to do is start communicating with God and your life can go from average to an adventure in an instant. The first thing you have to do is have a relationship with God. If you haven't accepted Jesus into your heart you have to do that. Then, you have to start talking to Him, all the time. I just kind of have conversations with Him. I don't do the eloquent prayer thing. It's good if you can but my mind doesn't seem to work that way. Read the word all the time too. That's how you learn about Him and the things He does. If you do these things He will communicate with you. Sometimes, He will show you things in the scriptures. Things that pertain to what is relevant to your life at that time. Other times He will speak to you through your thoughts. He will put thoughts or words into your mind to tell you something. At times He will use people to tell you something you need to know. I'm sure there are other ways to. These are just the ways He has talked to me. The hard part is listening to what He is telling you and then acting upon it. Sometimes He will just give you pieces of something, like a preview, of things to come. Then you just have to pray about it, and prepare your heart for it, so when it happens you are ready to do what He asks. That takes us back to being desperate. If you are not desperate for God, the things of God, and what He has for you, you will miss out on the life He has planned for you.You need to desire, above all else, His plan for your life.

He is the only thing that I still have that desperate feeling for. I have found out that without Him I am nothing, basically lost. I'm desperate for God and the things of God. It's okay to be desperate for those reasons. We all have a great need for Him and what He has for us. If we don't, we need to find out why not. But if you do and you start praying in that way, desperately, for Him to show you what He wants from you, look out because He will. Just make sure that you're ready. You never know what He might ask you to do. Most of the time it's not something that you think you can do. But...if you go ahead and do it anyway, God will help you and it will turn out to be a good thing.

Be desperate for Him. Don't be afraid to do what He asks of you. He will help you to do His work, for His kingdom, if you continue to look to Him.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Isaiah 55:8 My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts, says the Lord. And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.

Isaiah 41:10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Psalms 121:1&2 I look up to the mountains-does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made Heaven and earth!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments: