Wednesday, December 3, 2008

NO PAIN NO GAIN

I'm sure you've all heard the saying "No pain no gain". We talk about it when we exercise, play sports or anything else that we have to work at to improve ourselves. The same is true when you're talking about spiritual things. When you first become a follower of Jesus Christ there are a lot of things in your life that you have to change. It's a spiritual workout. The minute you ask Jesus into your heart you become a new creation but you still have your old nature. You have to work at changing and ask God to help you. It's not always easy. I can tell you that from experience. You sometimes have to have pain before you see any gain.

I've been a Christian since Aug. 10th, 2007. Since then there has been many times of pain. But I have learned that you don't go through pain for nothing. Pain gives you credibility. Yes, we generally cause our own pain because of what we do. But..God then uses our pain to help us grow stronger in Him and then we can help others by sharing with them what God did for us. Also, we come to know God in a way that we never would if we didn't go through pain. No matter where we've been or what we've done we all have some sort of pain. Our pain. We all know God in a way we wouldn't if we didn't have pain. It's a common denominator for all of us. The thing we want to remember is not to waste our pain. Learn from it. Grow because of it. Don't go backwards because you think you can't make it through the pain. Your pain might be caused from many different things. Mine was. My pain was caused from things that happened in my past. Much of it from things I brought on myself. Drugs, drinking, divorce a lot of different things. Some of my pain was caused from what others did. Then their was still more pain that was caused from satan himself. I believed something that he placed in my thoughts as a child. Because of my belief in what he told me, instead of believing what the Bible says, I had a lifetime of pain. But I'm here to tell you that if you will believe what the Bible says and listen to God you can cut out a whole lot of pain.

That's what my blog is all about. God, Jesus Christ, and what He can do for you.
I'm going to use my story to relate to you how I came to know Jesus as my personal savior. I'm going to start at the beginning, which as I remember, I was 9 or 10. I am now 53 so there's quite a bit to say. I went through a lot over the years, most of it being my own doing. I want to say right now that I am not proud of the things I'm going to tell you. But, because of Jesus and who HE is, I am a new creation. The purpose of me writing this blog is not to just tell you my story. Most of you don't know me and will never meet me here on this earth. My purpose for this is that if you don't know Jesus you will meet Him and then we will see each other in Heaven someday. If you are reading this and you are a Believer already, then maybe your purpose for being on this site is to pray that people will find Jesus through this. And, maybe you have friends or relatives that aren't Believers and you can send them to this site. Whatever the reason, Believer or Non-Believer, I welcome your comments. I'm sure some of you Non-Believers reading this now think I'm crazy. I understand that. I used to be one of you. All I'm asking is that you keep checking back and reading, if for no other reason, just to give yourself something to laugh at.

I will try to post one new blog every week. So check back and see what God has in store for all of us.











1 comment:

Chase Warren said...

Pain in itself is a large topic amongst Christians. Looking forward to reading your posts.
-Chase