Monday, December 29, 2008

BE STILL

Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalms 46:10

This last year has been great. I have learned so many things about God and what He can do if you just let Him. My life has changed tremendously. God has helped me to deal with many issues in my life. Some from my past and yet still others that are new. I know that as the year goes on there will be more that have to be dealt with. Just like this last year, some will be old ones that haven't been dealt with yet, and still others will be new. The thing that has to be remembered is just to keep God first in all situations. Pray, read the word and sometimes ask for prayer and help from Christian friends. We need all the help we can get sometimes. As one of my friends told me recently, "We need one another". I know that's true. There were many times I might not have made it had it not been for the conversations with, and the prayers of, my Christian friends. I know that God will bless them for that. If you ever get the opportunity to help someone by just being a friend and talking and praying with them, do it. You never know what that person may be going through.

The verse, "Be still and know that I am God" is such an awesome verse. It seems to be what God keeps speaking to me lately. Sometimes I'm not real good at that and I can imagine that some of you reading this aren't either. It's hard for me to just step back and let God have control of my situations. I tend to think that I can do things on my own and then God just lets me know that I'm not as good at it as I think I am. He lets things come into my life that really I don't have any control over. That's when God reminds me that He is in control of all situations. That being said...I am very excited about what the new year has to offer. Some will be good and others not so good. The thing we have to remember is that God has the outcome in His hands. It could be spiritual, health, financial, relational or any other type of issue that just seems to crop up. Our job is to turn everything over to him and let God be in control.

As the year 2009 is about to begin I have a couple of challenges for myself. I don't do resolutions because I have a tendency not to keep them. The first thing I'm challenging myself with is to read the Bible every day. I don't always do that. There are times when I'm busy with other things and sometimes I'm just having an old "Rebel" attitude! So, I bought the Chronological Bible and I'm going to try to read some in that everyday along with a devotional study. The second challenge is to just "Be still" and listen for God in the little stuff of my life as well as the big stuff. He wants to be there with us through all of it. He is just waiting for us to ask Him and then to listen for His answers. If your reading this and you know me, you know that it is hard for me to do these things. But, I feel as Christians we need to make a commitment to God to read His word everyday no matter what else is going on in our lives.

As the year starts I'm also praying for direction in what God has for me to say in this blog. Sharing more of my testimony will be much of it but I know there is more to it than that. I guess I'll just have to "Be Still" and listen for His voice. All of us can accomplish great things for God if we will just stop and wait and listen for His voice. Just remember that whatever we do for God it is not us doing it. If it is, we need to step back from it and pray for Gods direction before we go on. We need to make sure God is in it and that we are not doing it for our own glory.

Well, I'm very much looking forward to a new year with God and finding out what He has in store for me in every area of my life. And, I pray in Jesus name that whomever reads this blog will get something from God out of it.

So, I think I've rambled on enough tonight. I'd just like to remind you that you can always leave a comment if you'd like to. I would be interested in what you have to say.

I pray that you all have a Wonderful and a Happy New Year! Just remember to keep Christ first and whatever happens will be okay.

1 comment: