Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Just An Outlet Tonight

Ever have life just totally knock you down? Well, lately it's been getting to me big time. It seems when things aren't going well in one part of my life...physically...spiritually...or mentally...that all the rest eventually start being affected. I don't like that I let that happen. When I give in to circumstances of life in one area it's a lot easier to let the negative into my life in all the other areas.

After some less than good moments tonight I looked down at my Bible...laying open on my desk where I had left it last night...and read this...

Psalm 63:1

O God, You are my God;
I earnestly search for You.
My soul thirsts for You;
my whole body longs for You
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.

This is saying to me how I am feeling. With everything I have...the entirety of me...my whole being is longing for Him. For God. When things are happening in my life and I'm not trusting God with them as I know I should, my spiritual life starts lacking. My soul starts to get dry and ache.

Sometimes I know that I need to really press in to God and yet I let things just hold me back. It's as if I have hit a wall and I can't go over it...under it...or around it. For me, I know I just have to push my way through it.

Reading further on...

Psalm 63:6-8

I lie awake thinking of You,
meditating on you through the night.
Because You are my helper,
I sing for joy in the shadow of Your wings.
I cling to You;
Your strong right hand holds me securely.

Tonight I know that this is the answer. To think on and meditate on the Lord. He is my help in the time of trouble. In the time of anything in my life that throws me off balance. I have to cling...hold on to the Lord...through all the stuff in my life. I know this is true for me. I know this is right.

I really didn't start writing this tonight for anyone except myself...as an outlet for how I am feeling.
But as I end it I know that there are probably others reading this that are struggling with things in their life as well. If so...try doing what David did. Meditate on the good things of God. Let Him lift you out of the place you have let yourself get into.


 

9 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Sometimes it helps to go to bed earlier (with valerian. Or talk to a friend, or write such an open blog writing as you've done now. God loves you ... even if we are mentally tired. Precisely then He is very close to us. He will not let go, what His hand has begun.

Well: here a big hug from a woman with the same struggle.

America's Next Top Mommy said...

Isn't it wonderful how God will give us the exact scriptures we need at the right time?

I'm glad you let him lift you out of that place :)

Shakin' the Foundation said...

It appears so many of us are going through similiar roads right now...Thank you for sharing. I beleive there is nothing we HE can not deliever us from!!! My prayers for you!!
God bless you!!!
Stacey
ps...shared this post to my FB wall :))

Jan Christiansen said...

I wrote a very similar post this morning on Refreshed by the Word...just an outlet to how I was feeling and how God shows us the way out.

A very sweet sister (Stacey) left me a comment that she is standing with me and I'd like to say the same thing to you, Chelle...I'm standing with you, praying and believing that God will see you through this time victoriously!

Blessings,
Jan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Desiray Lewis said...

I just love the book of Psalms when I am feeling down or out of sorts it gives me strength. God bless you and have a blessed day today

BelovedBomber said...

I, too, am craving more and more of Him in every aspect of my life. I want to be filled and overflowing, not shaken or blanketed with sadness by the enemy. Trusting that God will answer the desires of our heart as we long for more of Him! Many blessings, Chelle! Shana

Brenda said...

It is always good to share our testimonies of how the Lord speaks to us, we all go through the same things and it is only the Lord who has an answer for every single trial that we go through - there in His word.

Just Be Real said...

Perfect timings. Blessings to you dear one.