Monday, August 15, 2011

Defined

Define: to determine or set boundaries, to limit.

Have you ever been talking to God and just asked Him why your relationship with Him seems to be just stuck? Well...I did. I have been frustrated with where I seem to be and this morning I decided to talk to Him about it. He was probably glad that I finally got around to asking Him...talking it over with Him. That's always a good thing to do...talk to God about things that are bothering you. He didn't explain in detail to me but this one word came to mind, defined...

Immediately in my thoughts...I have defined Him. I have put Him in a box and tried to define my relationship with Him.

Now that's really not a good thing to do. I know that. I don't want to have a defined relationship with God because He's not just any god...He is "the GOD"! So I'm thinking...how do I put GOD in a box?! My answer...I will only allow Him to do some things in my life. Just the ones I'm comfortable with. If I'm afraid to let Him into some areas...I define Him. Set boundaries...lock Him out! I try to limit God as to what He can do in my life. I didn't realize I was doing that. I came to the realization that I have to be "all in with God" or not at all. If you aren't it's as if you are sitting on the fence. Half on Gods side and half on the devils side. That's no way to live. In my way of thinking there is only one way...

In Total Dependence on HIM!!

We all need to allow ourselves to be completely dependent on Him. If we do we won't be as apt to try to define Him and box Him in. When something goes wrong in our day to day we just need to let Him in. Talk to Him and ask for His help. If He wants to change something in us we need to let Him. Don't fight it...allow Him to work in our lives. He wants to bless us. He loves us. We need to trust that He is working everything out for us in the best way...HIS way.

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and shield.
      I trust him with all my heart.
   He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
      I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - this is so true. It so simple, yet we make it so complicated. Just talk to Him, He understands. Great post
God bless
Tracy

Kristin Bridgman said...

This makes me think of a line that keeps being thrown out at us in our Sunday School. . ."are you a fan of Jesus or a follower". We are told to examine ourselves and define our relationship. A fan will slap on the Jesus sticker on their car, wear the Christian t-shirt and even show up for church on Sundays. But a true follower is. . .well I think you know. . .because I think you are one. . .a follower! :)