Thursday, July 15, 2010

SHOW ME YOUR WAYS



A while back I placed the phrase "To Know GOD Deeper" at the top of my blog. I did that because I felt that GOD was telling me that I needed to step my journey up a bit. HE is still doing that today. HE reminds me all the time that I need to do more for HIM. HE also lets me know to do that I have to come to know HIM better. Dig in and really start to read and study HIS WORD and talk to HIM more. That isn't always something that's easy to do. But I know HE will help me if I put forth the effort. There are probably people reading this that could also step it up a bit. Everyone can benefit from more time in the WORD and more time talking to GOD. It's a funny thing but if we talk to HIM, HE will talk back to us...

When I'm getting ready for work is one of the times HE chooses to talk to me. HE always speaks to me then when I am half asleep wishing I was still fully asleep! That's one way I know it's HIM because I'm not functioning well enough yet to think of things on my own! I have been asking HIM to help me to draw closer to HIM. To just give me what I call a "burning desire" to really push in towards HIM like I never have before. To start really changing me from the inside out. I don't want what I write in this blog to just be words. I want it to be a personal journey for me so when I share, it always truly comes from the heart...GOD's and mine.

On Monday, while getting ready for work, this old song popped into my head...Search Me O GOD. Not to be disrespectful but I would have to call that...a blast from my past! It's funny though, I can still remember the words. Then I remembered reading a scripture that almost says the same thing as the song. Tonight I read that Dr. James Edwin Orr wrote the words to go with the melody back in 1936. The melody came from an Aborigine song he had heard. He used this passage in Psalm as his inspiration.

Psalm 139:23-24 (King James Version)
 Search me, O God, and know my heart : try me, and know my thoughts:
 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.


Since that morning I have felt some of that "burning desire" to draw closer to HIM. I know it is the HOLY SPIRIT that is making me feel this way. Tonight I came across this passage from the book of Psalm;


Psalm 25:4-5 (New King James Version)
 Show me Your ways, O LORD;
         Teach me Your paths.
 Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
         For You are the God of my salvation;
         On You I wait all the day.


Those verses are going to be a prayer that I pray everyday. Everyday we need to ask for HIS help so that we are made aware of any thing in our hearts and minds that shouldn't be there. Feelings we shouldn't have, thoughts we shouldn't have, anything that is not pleasing to GOD that we need to get out of our lives. Ask the HOLY SPIRIT to help us think good pure thoughts. Philippians 4:8 says;


Philippians 4:8 (New Living Translation)
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.



Personally, I don't think I have time to waste not pushing in closer to GOD. If I do that HE will help me to be a better witness for HIM. We all need to do everything we can to let people know about JESUS and what HE can do for them if they will accept HIM.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Stay on fire Chelle, and keep that burning desire! As we know, nothing can compare to the freedom we have in knowing Christ! :)

Chase Warren said...

Wonderful post Chelle! (Love the picture too, haha) I could not agree more with what you concluded with, all our time should be pushing to be closer to God.