Monday, September 14, 2009

PSALM 46:10

I read Psalm 46:10 again. I really like it as I'm sure I have said before. In the Life In The Spirit Study Bible it says...the Hebrew for "Be still" can also be translated, "Let Go." Quit holding on to things that keep you from exalting GOD and giving HIM HIS proper place in your life. When I read that I found it enlightening so to speak. I think about that verse a lot and always just thought it was because I liked it...which some of the time I'm sure that's why. But at least today I think GOD is telling us to actually read it and understand it this way...

We need to let go of all the things that are keeping us from worshiping GOD like we should. For me it's a lot of letting go of insecurities and pride and just forgetting what others may think of me. GOD wants us to worship HIM with our whole heart, our soul, and our mind. If we can't do that we need to figure out why we can't and take care of the problem. Sometimes it's as simple as taking our problems and laying them at HIS feet and leaving them there. Other times it's just deciding that we don't care what others may say or think about us, we are going to do what GOD wants us to do. It can be hard but...if we want to experience the "River of GOD" to the fullest, we need to do that. GOD'S river is the continual flow of HIS grace, glory and power. This river will bring GOD into your midst. Read Psalm 46.

Again tonight HE brought to my mind John 3:30...HE must become greater, I must become less. I believe HE is telling me that in order to worship HIM, the way HE wants me to, John 3:30 must happen in my life. GOD must become the most important thing to me and I need to let go of all the insecurity issues. It seems that when I make an effort to step out of my comfort zone, and take a step towards GOD and what HE wants me to do, HE is waiting there for me. I can't let the devil keep me from doing what I need to do.

GOD will always be there for us. Our lives are full of a lot of uncertainties but as long as we trust in GOD HE will take care of us. HE is our shelter in the storms of our lives and HE gives us strength like we never could imagine.

Psalm 46:1-3

1 God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble.
2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
and the mountains crumble into the sea.
3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

No comments: