Sunday, March 29, 2009

WHAT'S YOUR PURPOSE?

God knows your purpose, do you? I don't remember where I read this but it's a good one..."It's never to late to be what you were meant to be."

I've always heard that every person has something in life they are here for. A reason for being born. Some people try to figure it out their whole lives and never do. There was a movie a few years ago called, City Slickers II. The character that Jack Palance played, Curly, had the key phrase in the movie. There was a conversation between Curly and Mitch. It was..."Do you know what the "secret" of life is?...What?...Just one thing...What is it?...What's the one thing?...That's for you to figure out....Once you figure it out, then nothing else means *@#%&..." Through out the rest of the movie Mitch was trying to find "his secret." This quote has always stuck with me because I have always wanted to know what that one thing in life was for me. So...I guess we all have to figure out what that one thing is. What the "Secret of life" is for ourselves. We have to find our secret...What we were meant to be. What we were born into this life for.

On more than one occasion I've been told that I'm very analytical. LOL I'm always searching and studying for answers to the many questions I have about things. Since becoming a Christian I am mostly searching for answers pertaining to God and faith based issues. I do this by reading the Bible, different Christian books, and talking to people that have been Christians for a long time. I ask lots of questions when I don't know the answers. I like to know what opinions others have and how their opinions relate to God's Word. Sometimes I don't get the answer I'm looking for. What I want the answer to be, and what it actually is, sometimes are not the same thing. There are some questions that you never do find the answer for. I do believe that if your question is something you "really" need to know that God will let you find the answer. That's what brought about this Post.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord..."plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." That is one of my favorite scriptures. The scripture means to me that GOD knows my purpose. It doesn't matter what I've done with my life up to this point, or whether or not I know what my purpose for being here is, GOD knows! Before we were even formed God had a purpose for us. Each one of us has always been a part of HIS plan. Since we know that God only has love for us, then we know that if we follow HIS plan, our life will be good.

Up until I became a Christian I didn't think I had a reason for being here. That may be the same with you. But...once you give your life to the Lord you have to find it, that one thing...Your secret, or your purpose. Every Christians ultimate purpose is to live for the Lord and help other people to find HIM. But the question remains...How do you do that? What avenues are you going to pursue to accomplish that goal? God calls some to become preachers others singers some to pray some to cook...there are lots of different things HE can call you too. Whatever it is...whether you think so or not, it's important or God wouldn't have you doing it. Sometimes, we're not sure what it is that we can do to help others find HIM. I believe that if God has not given you a specific thing that you need to keep searching, praying about it, until HE does. If you are serious about it HE will. Personally, I have found that God gives me opportunities to share about HIM most everyday. Sometimes I don't take those opportunities. I become fearful that My friends won't accept what I have to say. That they might think I'm a little too much "over the edge" for God. We have to remember, when we have those thoughts, satan is probably the one putting them there. If God gives you an opportunity you need to take it. That might be the last time in that person's life that they have the chance to hear about HIM. Or...it could be "your" last chance to talk to them about God. If HE is giving you the opportunity, it's probably because they are willing to accept what you have to say at that time, or they just need to hear it. Still...sharing with people in that way may not be the "one thing" that is my purpose in life, although we all need to witness for HIM when we can. I believe that for right now my main purpose is to write this Blog. When I started this I never thought it was possible that I could do it. It's God that gives me the words to say and actually a real desire to do this. God may have me do something else at a later time. You just need to remember that, whatever it is, God is in charge of it. Whatever God gives you to do HE will confirm it to you in some way. HE will somehow speak to you...through HIS word a thought or sometimes other people. Then you will just know that it's the right thing for you to do.

Jeremiah 29:12-13 "Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."
It doesn't matter where you are, or what you have been, as long as you keep praying and seeking with your whole heart, you will find God. Sometimes you just have to listen. Then HE will direct your paths and show you what that "one thing" for your life is.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Remember...If you're a Christian, Love the Lord with all you have and help others to find HIM. When HE comes back He wants everyone to be ready. It's our job to help HIM. We are the tool HE uses to help accomplish HIS goal.

Matthew 22:37 You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. If you do these three things He will let you know what "that one thing" is for you. We all have a purpose and we need to pray and ask HIM to help us to discover what it is.

After living my whole life I finally know what the "secret of life" is for me. That one thing that matters more than anything. Do you know what it is for YOU??

No comments: