Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Scriptures

Tonight I picked up my Getting To Know God Bible. I was reading some of the verses I had underlined in it and just thought I would share some of them with you. There is a theme going on. Do you see it?

When trouble comes our way...run to the Lord! He is everything we need no matter what the problem is.

Nahum 1:7

The Lord is good,
    a strong refuge when trouble comes.
    He is close to those who trust in him.

Proverbs 18:10

The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous run to it and are safe.

Psalm 18:2

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Jeremiah 10:6

Lord, there is no one like you!
    For you are great, and your name is full of power.

Then after reading these verses I turned to Isaiah and found these....

Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

The Lord is always there for us. He never gets tired...He is full of strength and power. The Lord understands all that we are going through. 

Isaiah 26:3

You will keep in perfect peace
    all who trust in you,
    all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

Best of all...

If we trust Him He will give us peace. We could all use some of that!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - so true, run to God... His word always uplifts and comforts. Great scriptures my friend
God bless
Tracy

BelovedBomber said...

Great scriptures about the character of our Father! I actually wrote about one of those today too :)

Never Forsaken said...

I love those scriptures Chelle, The verse about eagle wings is one of my favorites. God is not only strong, but He is the strongest.
When I was younger, I had faith in my own ability, but as I have grown weaker physically, I have learned to depend on God's strength instead...and that is way better!

Daisy said...

Those verses are like rain after a dry spell! :) Nice to meet you Chelle! God bless, Daisy :)

Joy (Aesther) said...

Thanks Chelle for posting this! So encouraging! :D