Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Isaiah 30:15

Recently I have gotten back into reading my Bible more. More as in...not so hit and miss as I was for a while. Really, I don't like owning up to that fact. However, I have found that stating the way things really are works best. Why? Because there are always others out there that can relate to doing the same thing. Also there is a purpose for me telling you this...

As I pick my Bible up and read I am finding scriptures that I don't remember. Maybe I have read them before, and maybe not, but that's not important. What's important is that they seem to be what I need...at the time I read them. One of the ones I read recently was...


Isaiah 30:15


This is what the Sovereign Lord,
    the Holy One of Israel, says:
“Only in returning to me
    and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength.
    But you would have none of it.

When I read this it was as if the Lord was saying to me that I need to really get back into reading His word...searching the scriptures...and really seeking after Him! In other words..."Only in returning to Me". If I will do what I know to do...I will find the rest that I need. The quietness and confidence of Him! We need the quiet, confident, reassurance that only the Lord can give us. No one else in life can do that...only the Lord. For He is our strength! We need to totally trust in the Lord...return to Him...give everything up to Him...and He will save us. The Lord will give us the strength we need to face whatever comes up in our lives. 

So, that is one of the scriptures I "found" recently. I'm going to continue to read, and search, for others that I don't know. It will be my own version of a "scripture hunt"! 

12 comments:

Pamela said...

I love finding Bible treasures. Sometimes I read a familiar verse and the truth of it hits me in a totally different way from before. Conviction, encouragment, teaching... "Oh how I love thy law."

BelovedBomber said...

I love how God speaks to us through the Word. Sometimes it feels like the words were written just for me or what I am going through. God is so good!

Jan Christiansen said...

Digging into God's Word to see what He has to say to us for TODAY is, indeed a fun adventure in walking with Him. It opens us up to a more intimate relationship with Him based on receiving current and relevant input daily.

What fun!

Maryann said...

Wow how timely can you get, God knows exactly where we are and what we need to hear.

Kristin Bridgman said...

Isn't it awesome that no matter how often we read the Bible, it will always speak to us where we are? And to find those little treasures is a treat. Your post really spoke to me too. Don't ever be afraid to share from your heart, I think we can all relate and grow and be encouraged by one another. Thank you for all you write! :)

Just Be Real said...

The Book of Isaiah I am too finding out is a book of wealth and knowledge. Blessings.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love treasure hunts and this is the best kind. Great word. Wishing you a beautiful Friday.

Never Forsaken said...

I am hanging onto that Isaiah verse! I don't think I have ever read that one before.
~God Bless you my friend~
Lisa

Wanda said...

It's amazing how you can find just the right spiritual nuggets right when you need them most. I remember when this passage of Isaiah really captured my focus.

Aritha V. said...

What good to return to God's Word. Traveling with Him through the Bible, the words of God. I wish you lots of surprises ... and a wondeful meeting with Him.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle, that is one of my favourite scriptures. "Only in Me..." God's word loves, guides, convicts. I am so grateful for His word and yes, I do the hit and miss think way too often.
God bless my friend and praying this week ahead is filled with joy
Tracy

Reformed rebel said...

I just wanted to thank all of you for your comments. I so enjoy reading your thoughts back to me!
Blessings to you all...Chelle