Tuesday, March 8, 2011

God Is In Control

I read a devotional today and the scripture was...

Psalm 46:10a NLT
“Be still, and know that I am God!

I like it in the Message also...

Psalm 46:10
"Step out of the traffic! Take a long,
      loving look at me, your High God,
      above politics, above everything."

When I read that verse out of the Message Bible I immediately thought about what it was saying to me. It was as if God was saying to me..."Stop! No matter what is going on in your life right now...I am what matters. Above everything else in your life...above death...above turmoil...above what ever is around you..."I" am in control. Everything will be okay."

Sometimes because of life we get a heaviness about us. I'm not sure but, maybe you would just call it..."a heavy heart." At times I think that God lets us experience other peoples pain, though I'm not really sure why. However, I'm sure that we don't feel it in the same way...or in the same strength...that they do. Maybe, He just lets us in on their pain a little, so that we can help them to find a way to get closer to God through their pain. I think too that it could be to soften us a little bit. For myself, I know that feelings don't come easy. Because of that I think God uses many things to change our...my...heart.

I feel as if I am rambling a bit tonight. If this doesn't make sense to you, I'm sorry. Just know this...

God is in control of everything in our lives, the hard stuff as well as the easy stuff. God is just waiting for each and everyone of us to just sit at His feet and "Be Still". Talk to Him and above all else...listen for Him to respond to you! He wants to...and will...talk to you.

No comments: