Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Don't Open The Envelope!

You know ~ just when you think you are getting it all together . . . something comes along and messes with your mind! At least that's what happens to me much of the time. Going along thinking that it's all under control . . . life was good today . . . it's all going to be good. Then I looked at my mail and opened an interesting looking envelope. The contents just made me start thinking way too much again.

Why do I do that . . . think about something that I can't change? Well . . . because I think that's what happens when I don't let GOD be in total control. When I don't really turn everything over to HIM. It only takes one second to let a little seed of doubt get planted in my head. Then that one little seed multiplies into big bunches of doubt. This all reminds me that if not for the LORD . . . I would be in sad shape!

So . . . after realizing again that I can't be in control . . . remember John 3:30 HE must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less . . . I got my Bible and started to read. I turned to Proverbs 3:24 and saw this . . . You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly. I believe that the LORD led me to that verse. Then Proverbs 3:5 . . . Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

So with that . . .

GOD is good all the time, and all the time . . . GOD is good!

9 comments:

Ken said...

Hi Chelle,
I too sometimes let something take over my mind, and it is also something I cannot control. Then usually worry sets in...Not good. Thank you for this reminder, God is in control and He is always good.
Blessings,
Ken

Unknown said...

In 2005-2008 we were engaged in a long, protracted legal battle (not of our pursuit). I used to dread knocks on the door or opening the mail during those days. Reminds me how precious it is to bring good news. How beautiful are the feet who bring good news...

Brenda said...

Amen, amen Chelle,
it's a question of 'Who said', and who is the 'liar' that works through the carnal mind, and who is the 'truth' who works through the mind renewed in Christ Take every thought into captivity and bring it to the obedience of Christ Jesus, therein lies the victory. May the Lord bless you with His strength in your weakness.

Just Be Real said...

Chelle, such good encouragement. I am finding more and more when I believe something from God right away, the enemy within seconds tries to counter-act my belief. It is amazing. I am learning more and more the enemy's attack now so I can discount it. But, it is hard at times. Blessings.

BelovedBomber said...

I love how God is faithful to give us the words we need to defeat the enemy as he attacks our mind!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

What a wonderful reminder that God is faithful and Loves us. I often need to be reminded of Luke 12:25 - "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?"

Kristin Bridgman said...

Oh Chelle, the same thing happens to me. I love how you always go to the Word and receive encouragement and then share it with the rest of us.
Thank you my friend! :)

Reformed rebel said...

I wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate your comments. You don't know it but many times the comments you give are what keeps me going. So . . . thank you!

Tresa said...

Hi Chelle! I haven't been able to comment in a while. I'm trying something different,so hopefully it will work. :) I love the scriptures you posted here. The best thing we can do in troubling times is focus more and more on Him and less on ourselves. Trusting Him with all our heart. I pray for you often and always enjoy your posts!