Monday, December 7, 2009

NOT GIVING UP

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (The Message)

16-18 So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.

In my last post I was telling you about being knocked down by the waves while fishing. I was sure that I was going to go under one last time and not be able to get back to the surface. But...I'm a little stubborn and I just kept fighting. Somehow, I finally managed to get up at the right moment and run far enough up the beach to not get pulled back out anymore. I never gave up fighting. When it's your life you are fighting for, you just keep going until you beat the circumstance. If you don't, it will beat you and the next time you go down will be the last time.

Sometimes in life I just want to give up. I think how much easier it would be to just quit and go back to living how I used to live. Just like the waves were beating me down, and winning, life does that too. There are all kinds of problems and situations that we have to deal with everyday, but we can't let them drive us back to our old ways and away from GOD. We have to keep fighting to stay alive. Keep on reaching up and trying to catch one more breath of air so you can fight a little longer. You need to renew your commitment and not leave GOD. Keep fighting to not go back to what you used to do and be. The thing that makes you the weakest GOD can use to make you strong.

I asked at the end of my last post if there was still some fight left. I think a good answer for that is...you only have to have enough fight left for the next minute. The minute when you call out to GOD and ask HIM to help you fight whatever your battle is. I think that's the only way you can win.

The things we go through here will soon be gone. Our new life in Heaven will last forever.

No comments: