Monday, December 6, 2010

Just Stuff

As in the last post...I have something to say and I just can't not say it. For me writing this blog is one of the ways I give praise to the LORD. HE has done so much for me that I can't "not" praise HIM. I believe that today HE is giving this to me...not only to share, but...for me.

 Throughout our lives we go through many different things. When I was younger I always heard it said as..."Trials and Tribulations". Now it seems to be pretty much..."Just Stuff". When going through "stuff" you have a tendency to become anxious and to worry...even though as Christians we know we are not supposed to do that. This verse tells us what we are to do instead.

Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)

 6-7Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Sometimes you can let yourself become overwhelmed by things you are facing. The LORD doesn't want us to do that. However, HE knows we are human and  many times we do that anyway. If you read further in Philippians it goes on to tell you how to not be anxious and worry. Where you should let your thoughts go instead of where you have been letting them go.


Philippians 4:8 (New Living Translation)

 8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Then...we need to praise HIM! Praise HIM and thank HIM for everything...even the "just stuff". In my opinion if you don't do that you are just letting the devil win. In my life he is the last "thing" I want to let win. In John we are told what satans purpose is in contrast to what JESUS'S purpose is.


John 10:10 (New Living Translation)

10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

Recently I read in One Minute Of Praise this statement; 

Why do you think satan doesn't want you to get your praise on? Because he knows if he can get your praise, then he has control of your victory and what you focus on. 

I want my focus to always be on the LORD and what HE has for me. The more we worship and praise the LORD, the closer we draw in to HIM. When we are going through "stuff" we need to draw as close to HIM as possible. When we do HE draws close to us. 

James 4:8 (New Living Translation)

8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

That is my goal. Through all of the "stuff" to get closer to GOD so GOD will get closer to me.

No comments: