Monday, October 18, 2010

Fight The Fight

Before I get into what this post is about I just want to say that sometimes...GOD allows you to do things you never thought you would get to do. For me, one of those things is seeing a group called Karen Peck and New River in concert. They are from back in Georgia and have never come out to Idaho before. But tomorrow, they will be here and the concert is free! Sometimes GOD allows you to have crazy little freebies in your life!! That said, HE has been doing bigger and better things too...

It seems that lately GOD has been doing things in my life that to me are absolutely amazing. To most people the things HE has been doing for me probably wouldn't mean much. In fact, most of the people I know wouldn't even think about them in their own lives. On the flip side of that...when ever things are going great in life, and you are succeeding in your goals to draw closer to GOD, there always seems to be some bumps in the road waiting right around the next corner. For me personally, this time I think it is satan just trying to get me off course. He will keep trying, with all different kinds of things, to get me to consider going back to the old way of dealing with those bumps. So then there comes a choice. Even when the bumps turn into what looks like a road block...are you, or am I, going to stay on course or follow the detour sign that satan throws out there? You have to do what it says in the Word...

1 Timothy 6:11-12 (Amplified Bible)
11But as for you, O man of God, flee from all these things; aim at and pursue righteousness (right standing with God and true goodness), godliness (which is the loving fear of God and being Christlike), faith, love, steadfastness (patience), and gentleness of heart.
    12Fight the good fight of the faith; lay hold of the eternal life to which you were summoned and [for which] you confessed the good confession [of faith] before many witnesses.

For myself I can truthfully say...GOD is "SO" much better than anything satan has to offer!! I've been down the other road so many times in life and it only brings problems. So today satan, I can say...With GOD'S help, I win and you lose!

No comments: