Monday, August 3, 2009

GOD HAS A PLAN

I told you in my last post that the LORD told me that HE was going to start knocking down barriers...or as you hear preachers say, breaking down walls you have set up around you...in my life. One of the things I have found out is that GOD doesn't lie. If HE says HE is going to do something, HE does. You never know when but you can be sure that HE will. Basically, HE let me know that if I was going to continue to grow that there are some things about me that have to change. That really doesn't come as a surprise to me. So...I have a list in my head of things I know that need to change. The problem is...like it is for most everyone else, change is hard for me. So there's a choice to make. I have to decide what is more important to me. Following GOD and doing whatever it is that HE has for my life, or...staying stuck in all of my old ways with the barriers still up around me. Some days "stuck" is my choice. Other days doing what GOD wants and working on change is my choice. There are times, if you don't make the right choice, GOD takes it right out of your hands. That's what HE did with me on Sunday...

Going to church sometimes is hard for me. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's because there are lots of people there and you have to interact. Other times I think it's because of an old mind set of...not really "belonging" there. I'm not sure, maybe both reasons. For now GOD has decided to work on the interacting part. Church is an interactive activity, or...relationships. One of my biggest downfalls. The bad thing about it is that I mainly have this problem at church. Because of this I have come to realize it is probably just anther thing that the devil uses to keep me messed up. GOD and I have visited this problem before but I guess I didn't learn very well. There is one thing about GOD...HE keeps taking you back until you get it!! So yesterday at church GOD decided I was getting lots of hugs. SIX of them to be exact. Yes...I counted them after I left. Besides all of the hugs, four or five more people talked to me and asked me if I was doing okay, if everything was alright? Actually, yes...I was doing fine, I wasn't even uncomfortable there.

When all of this was happening I was just thinking how strange it all was. Later on I realized it wasn't strange at all. It was GOD. HE has a plan and I just have to go with it. GOD is working on breaking down the barriers that I have built up over the years. I know that if I am going to become the person GOD wants me to be I have to mature in my walk with HIM. In order to do this I have to go to church and be comfortable there.We need the support of one another.

Hebrews 10:25 (New Living Translation)

25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.

When GOD decides HE is going to do things in your life...BE READY. Pray and read HIS WORD a lot and ask HIM to make you more like HIM.

John 3:30 (New Living Translation)

30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.

No comments: