Sunday, February 8, 2009

GOD IS WITH US

Yesterday God helped me,
Today He'll do the same.
How long will that continue?
Forever, Praise His Name!

If your a Christian you've got to know that what that poem says is true. How many times in a day does God help you with things? How many times in a day do you ask Him to help you? I hear people all the time ask Him for help with all kinds of things. Some are big and some are as small as asking for help to find a parking place close to the door. There are many times during my day that I just ask for help not to get stressed over what I'm doing at work. Just recently I've been training someone to help in our department at work. I asked Him to give me someone that was easily trainable, someone I could relate to so it would be easier to train them. Not only did He send me a quick learner but she is also a Christian. That's helpful because she is also praying that He helps her to understand what I'm saying. One of the things that's great about God is...We don't always have to ask for His help. He just helps us because we are His kids. That's an amazing thing. When we have kids and they're in trouble that's what we do. We just help without having to be asked. When God knows that we are in trouble He sends us help too.

About two weeks ago I was driving to work and I didn't even know that there was potential trouble waiting for me. I go to work in the early morning so most mornings traffic is minimal. The road I travel is straight with two lanes heading east and two lanes heading west. I'm heading east and up ahead of me I notice the light has turned red. In the right lane is a semi so I switched to the left thinking by the time I got there the light would be green and I wouldn't have to slow down. I was traveling between 40 and 45. The light changed and just as I got close to the intersection I noticed the truck put his signal on to turn left. Then he veered a little to the right as if going to make a wide turn left. Well...the problem with this was that I was on the left and fast approaching him. I couldn't stop and I don't think he even knew I was there. He traveled about halfway into the intersection and started turning in front of me. I don't even remember thinking what to do. I didn't apply the brakes, which was good because I would have just slid into the side of him. All I did was grab the wheel with both hands and turn with him. I was going much faster so as I did this I just zipped right in front of him and next thing I knew I was headed down the street that runs north and south! Not only didn't we collide but I didn't slide or roll. My car is a Jeep Liberty so it's short and a little top heavy. At the speed I was going I was lucky to not flip it. The truck just acted like he didn't even see me and continued making a "u-turn" right in the middle of the road. When I stopped and looked back at him he was going the other direction as if nothing even happened. I turned around and went on to work. Now, I know that it wasn't just luck that I didn't hit him and that my Jeep didn't roll. It was only God that kept me safe that day. I didn't have time to say a specific prayer about the situation. I didn't even ask God to help me. He just did because that's what He does. We are His kids and He helps us when we need Him.

God is our ever present help in times of trouble. He won't leave us or forsake us. He is our constant source of help. We need to always be communicating with Him. Always praying to Him. Then when things happen and we need His help He's there. I try to make it a habit to pray while I'm driving to work everyday. Now...I'm not perfect by any means and somedays I don't pray for long. But...that day I was and I believe it helped. I also know that since I am His child, that He will take care of me as long as I'm living for Him. We just have to trust Him. He loves us and He keeps us safe. He is always working on our behalf. And...I will continue to pray when I go to work each day!

Psalms 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.

Psalms 9:10
Those who know your name trust in You, for You, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for You.

Psalms 91:14
The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love Me. I will protect those who trust in My name."

No comments: